Olay Double Action Day Cream & Primer - review

Hi!

The thought of waking up first thing in the morning, having to stand in front of your bathroom mirror and doing your 10-15 minute skin care routine can be tiring just to think about. It is why I like skincare products that can minimise the time I spend on skincare/makeup in the morning. A few months back, I first tried the This Works 'In Transit Camera Close-Up', which is a mask, moisturiser, and primer in one. It was an amazing product, but the £28 price tag was, for me, too expensive. So I endeavored to find one in the drugstore and picked up this little gem at only £4.89.


This Olay product is a moisturiser and primer all in one. It reduces the time I spend on my skincare/makeup regime as I don't have to wait for my moisturiser to absorb into my skin before I apply my primer. 

It is a pale pink cream that comes in a sturdy tub with a black lid, and it comes in a box when you buy it. The packaging certainly makes it feel more than the price that I paid, which is always good. 


This cream does feel more like a day cream than a primer when applying it, but when it sinks in, it leaves the skin with a slight stickiness, which was what the makeup adheres to. When I bought this product, I was skeptical about it for two reasons. Firstly, would it be moisturising enough for my daily routine? And secondly, would it make my makeup apply more smoothly and make it last longer? 

The answer to both of those questions is yes! It is moisturising enough so that my skin feels soft and smooth all throughout the day. However, a good night time regime is also essential for this to happen. I thought that this product would be heavy and would break me out because of that, but it is a surprisingly light textured cream. And it does make my foundation apply very smoothly. I am currently using the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, which I apply with a beauty blender, and it does look beautifully smooth when I finish my makeup. It does make my foundation last slightly longer than if there was no primer, but other products would be better for this, such as Benefit's Porefessional. 


Overall, this product does what it says on the tin (..tub?). It is moisturising and it works as a primer. I would say it is not as good as the This Works one, as it does take some time to absorb into the skin, but for the price, it is brilliant. That being said, I would not recommend this for people who have oily skin. I have dry/sensitive skin, and it does not aggravate it.

Pros of this day cream and primer
- very good value
- impressive packaging
- does exactly what it says it would do (moisturise and make foundation apply more smoothly)

Cons
- not for oily skin
- the primer does not make foundation last that much longer

Thank you for reading
Charlie
-x-

This product costs £4.89 and can be purchased from Boots and Superdrug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rimmel Kate Moss Sculpting Palette - review

Rimmel Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil - Review